Office for Doctoral Studies
Doctoral Office - Important information
You are able to book personal appointments online for the doctoral office. Other appointments are not possible.
Please use the link at the bottom of this message.
Please do not come to the doctoral office without prior appointment confirmation. Please note that in all doctoral matters it will still be possible to submit your applications and documents by mail or via the mailbox next to the office rooms. Doctoral certificates are generally delivered by registered mail.
Paperwork for doctoral dissertations (thesis application) is processed at the "doctoral office" (Promotionssekretariat).
Please note that the only unit auhorized to provide reliable information in doctoral issues is the doctoral office (Promotionssekretariat) of this Faculty.
The doctoral office may still be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you contact the doctoral office, always state your field of study. Doctoral certificates will only be mailed.
Telephone consultation will be available on Mondays 09:00 to 11:00h.
Phone 0241 80 99280
Designated staff & subjects:
Mrs. Wasiljew (Mathematics, Computer Science)
Mrs. Nowak (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
Mr. Köchner (all departments)
Availability by phone: see above
The office is located in building 1160 (Templergraben 59, upper level (above "Technologietransfer, Forschungsförderung").
- Up to date information on applying for admission to doctoral studies (.pdf)
- Up to date information on oral examinations (.pdf)
- Oral Examiniations - consent for video conferencing (form) (.pdf)
- Good Scientific Practice
- Doctoral degree regulations (.pdf - German) Faculty 1
- Checklist (.pdf - English) and template (.pdf - German) template (.docx - German)
- Advisor agreement (.pdf - German)
- Declaration of authorship (.pdf - English) text template for your dissertation
- Appointment (university library) for planning the submission of doctoral dissertations
- Information sheet on the storage of personal data (.pdf - German)
- Center for Doctoral Studies (for your information .pdf - German/English)