Office for Doctoral Studies
Paperwork for doctoral dissertations (thesis application) is processed at the "doctoral office" (Promotionssekretariat).
Please note that the only unit auhorized to provide reliable information in doctoral issues is the doctoral office (Promotionssekretariat) of this Faculty.
Due to the current corona virus crisis, the doctoral office of the Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences is closed to the public until further notice.
The doctoral office may still be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you contact the doctoral office, always state your field of study. Doctoral certificates will only be mailed.
A telephone consultation hour will be offered from 04 May - 11 May 2022 on Wednesdays 09:00 to 11:00h.
Starting 16 May 2022 telephone consultation will be available on Mondays 09:00 to 11:00h.
Phone 0241 80 99280
Designated staff & subjects:
Mrs. Wasiljew (Mathematics, Computer Science)
Mrs. Nowak (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
Mr. Köchner (all departments)
Availability by phone: see above
The office is located in building 1160 (Templergraben 59, upper level (above "Technologietransfer, Forschungsförderung").
- Up to date information on applying for admission to doctoral studies (.pdf)
- Up to date information on oral examinations (.pdf)
- Oral Examiniations - consent for video conferencing (form) (.pdf)
- Good Scientific Practice
- Doctoral degree regulations (.pdf - German) Faculty 1
- Checklist (.pdf - English) and template (.pdf - German) template (.docx - German)
- Advisor agreement (.pdf - German)
- Declaration of authorship (.pdf - English) text template for your dissertation
- Appointment (university library) for planning the submission of doctoral dissertations
- Information sheet on the storage of personal data (.pdf - German)
- Center for Doctoral Studies (for your information .pdf - German/English)